Recipe by lhbishop
One of my all time favorites! A wonderful blend of flavors. It is also a good recipe to freeze. I divide it in half, bake one and freeze one. Try it!!
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, boiled (reserve stock)
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) packageuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend, with seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb hot sausage
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as directed using chicken stock as water.
- Pull chicken from the bone and chop.
- Fry sausage and drain. (I rinse with hot water to reduce fat.)
- Saute onions.
- Add soup to onion and sausage and pour into casserole.
- Top with chopped chicken, then rice.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cook covered with foil. B.
- ake at 350* for 30 minutes.