Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large jarred roasted red peppers, well drained
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 large eggs
- black pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- To a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add in onion to the hot pan; cook 2-3 minutes.
- While they cook, cut off one quarter of a roasted pepper and chop it finely.
- Add chopped pepper to the onions and combine; then transfer to a bowl to cool.
- When the onions and pepper are cool, add the ground chicken, grill seasoning, allspice, and fennel seed.
- Combine thoroughly, and then form mixture into 4 large, thin patties.
- Return skillet to stove over med-high heat; add in another tablespoons oil.
- Cook patties until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer patties to a plate; tent with foil to keep them warm.
- Return skillet to heat; add remaining tablespoon oil; decrease heat to med-low, then add eggs.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper; fry for 2-3 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook to desired doneness.
- Top the eggs with a slice of provolone cheese just after you turn them and tent the pan with foil to melt the cheese.
- Chop the remaining peppers in the food processor until smooth, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place a chicken patty on each roll and top with a fried egg and cheese plus a rounded spoonful of roasted pepper puree; set roll tops in place and serve hot.