Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A hearty stew of old world flavor. Serve with hot crusty bread to take the chill out.
Make and share this Chicken, Sausage and Cabbage Stew with Wild Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups coarsly chopped cabbage
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut lengthwise into fourths
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Mix all ingredients except broth and soup in a 4 qt crock pot.
- Mix broth and soup in a bowl.
- Pour broth mixture over meat and vegetables; stir gently until blended.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
This is so easy to throw in the crockpot and let simmer all day! A great blend of flavors that made my husband go back for seconds. I did not change anything about this recipe.
I thought it was a little bland. It could definately use some salt and pepper.