Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A hearty stew of old world flavor. Serve with hot crusty bread to take the chill out.
- 2 cups coarsly chopped cabbage
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut lengthwise into fourths
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Mix all ingredients except broth and soup in a 4 qt crock pot.
- Mix broth and soup in a bowl.
- Pour broth mixture over meat and vegetables; stir gently until blended.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
This is so easy to throw in the crockpot and let simmer all day! A great blend of flavors that made my husband go back for seconds. I did not change anything about this recipe.
I thought it was a little bland. It could definately use some salt and pepper.