Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from Everyday Food May 2008
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 precooked chicken sausage, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Lower heat, add polenta slowly, stirring constantly. Continue to stir slowly for 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in whipping cream, cheese and few grinds of black pepper.
- In a skillet, heat oil, add the sausage pieces and brown them. Transfer to a plate. Add onion, asparagus, broth, and herbes de provence. Cover and steam for 6 minutes. Add sausage and lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Serve sausage and asparagus over polenta.