Recipe by SpicyChefDehSugar
I just felt like making an tasty alternative to regular sausage.
Top Review by rosie316
I prepared this yesterday, and wrapped the patties in zip-lock bags overnight (until lunch today). I like the idea of homemade sausage... but this was somewhat strange. It should seem to be either Italian or Asian flavors... not both. I liked the concept, but it was a bit off for us. I made this into 'burger type' patties and served them on a toasted buns with lettuce and a smudge of a mayo/mustard combo. I think if I were too try these again, I would use either just Italian flavors with some tomato sauce, or just the Asian flavoring using the Teriyaki, but not both combined. Thank you for posting. (Made for PAC - Spring 2013)
- 2 chicken breasts, thawed
- 4 pieces white bread
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, Asian style
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Using a food processor ground up the chicken, bread, Italian seasoning, ground mustard, red pepper, and Teriyaki sauce.
- 2) Shape into patties, balls, or whatever shape you want.
- 3) Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and bake at 350 F for 30 -35 minutes or until they are done all the way through.
- 4) Let the chicken sausage sit for 30 minutes, when they are cool enough to handle the food should just peel off the tinfoil.
- 5) Enjoy! Put them in pasta sauce, enjoy as they are, put them on a salad! Its a diverse food item.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2?oc=linkback.