Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups bacon drippings (for roux and browning chicken)
- 6 cups plain flour
- 7 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, chopped
- 20 lbs baking hens, (see directions
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 16 cups tomato sauce
- 8 cups chablis
- 1 1⁄2 pints stuffed olives
- 6 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 6 tablespoons salt
- The bacon drippings are for browning the chicken.
- The 20 lbs of chicken should be cut up in 2-inch-long pieces.
- If you don't wish to use all 8 Cups of Chablis in the sauce, feel free to drink what the sauce don't take.
- Make sure you taste your sauce as you add the wine.
- Me, I likes it.
- My wife, she don't.
- Make a roux.
- Add onions, bell pepper, green onions, and celery and saute until onions are tender and clear.
- Add parsley and garlic and saute.
- Brown off chicken while roux is being made.
- After onions, etc.
- are tender, add water to bring roux to a smooth paste.
- Add all other ingredients and enough water to cover well.
- Bring to a boil, and then cut heat.
- Cook for about 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- This is for a party and will serve 20 to 40 people.
- You can freeze what you don't eat.