My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups bacon drippings (for roux and browning chicken)
- 6 cups plain flour
- 7 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 20 lbs baking hens, (see directions
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 16 cups tomato sauce
- 8 cups chablis
- 1 1/2 pints stuffed olives
- 6 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 1The bacon drippings are for browning the chicken.
- 2The 20 lbs of chicken should be cut up in 2-inch-long pieces.
- 3If you don't wish to use all 8 Cups of Chablis in the sauce, feel free to drink what the sauce don't take.
- 4Make sure you taste your sauce as you add the wine.
- 5Me, I likes it.
- 6My wife, she don't.
- 7Make a roux.
- 8Add onions, bell pepper, green onions, and celery and saute until onions are tender and clear.
- 9Add parsley and garlic and saute.
- 10Brown off chicken while roux is being made.
- 11After onions, etc.
- 12are tender, add water to bring roux to a smooth paste.
- 13Add all other ingredients and enough water to cover well.
- 14Bring to a boil, and then cut heat.
- 15Cook for about 4 to 6 hours.
- 16Serve over spaghetti.
- 17This is for a party and will serve 20 to 40 people.
- 18You can freeze what you don't eat.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sauce Piquant
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 943.9
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 318.7 mg
- Sodium 2431.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 57.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: