1/1 Photo of Chicken Sate With Peanut Sauce
It took me a while to get around to trying this recipe I clipped from Cooking Light, but it is a winner! I will be making again and again. Despite the long list of ingredients, it actually goes together fairly quickly. Both the sauce and the marinade are only mildly spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (chile paste with garlic)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2To prepare sate, place first 13 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Place shallot mixture and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- 3To prepare peanut sauce, combine peanut butter with next 6 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. (I found it was much easier to mix together after I microwaved for about 45 seconds to soften the peanut butter a little).
- 4Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Thread chicken on 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers. Place skewers on the rack of a broiler or roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 12 minutes or until done, turning once or twice as needed.
- 5Serve with peanut sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sate With Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 620.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat creamy peanut butter