Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These look SO good, but I haven't made them yet. Just got the recipe today.
Make and share this Chicken Satays on Lemongrass Spears With Peanut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar or 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce (such as sambal oelek or sriracha) or 2 teaspoons chili paste (such as sambal oelek or sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced shallots (about 10)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (double leaf, thinly sliced)
- 2 serrano chilies, stemmed
- 1 inch gingerroot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 stalks lemongrass
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- FOR PEANUT SAUCE: Stir all ingredients in small saucepan over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; chill. Microwave on low setting until lukewarm and stir well before serving.).
- FOR CHICKEN: Grind first 7 ingredients in processor to coarse paste. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add paste to skillet; do not clean processor. Sauté paste until just brown, about 5 minutes; transfer to large bowl and cool. Add chicken and salt to processor; grind coarsely. Mix chicken into paste in bowl.
- Press 1/4 cup chicken mixture around thick portion of 1 lemongrass stalk in 4-inch-long sausage shape, leaving 1 inch of stalk exposed. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and stalks. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Place on plastic-lined baking sheet, cover, and chill.).
- Spray grill with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill satays until chicken is cooked through, turning often, about 8 minutes. Serve with warm peanut sauce.