1/1 Photo of Chicken Satays
1 hr 15 mins
For World Tour II - Asia/Vietnam. Recipe source: Sticks & Skewers by Elsa petersen-Schepelern
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Tamarind Marinade
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and grated (1 inch)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
For the Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 -20 wooden skewers (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
For the dipping sauce (Nuoc Cham)
- 1In a bowl mix marinade ingredients (ginger - peanut oil) together.
- 2Cut the chicken into slices (1/2 inch wide) and then cut these into strips (1/2 inch wide).
- 3Thread the chicken on the (soaked) skewers.
- 4Place skewered chicken on a plate of marinating dish and pour marinade over. Let marinate for 30 minutes while preparing grill.
- 5Drain marinade into saucepan, bring to a boil and then simmer stirring for 15 minutes.
- 6Grill satays until cooked through.
- 7Serve with hot marinade and dipping sauce (see below).
- 8To make dipping sauce: Using a spice mill or with mortar and pestle work the garlic, sugar and chili to a paste. Stir in chopped lime (including the peel) and collected juices. Puree again. Stir in fish sauce and 1/2 cup of water to get righ consistency (may need more water). Set aside.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satays
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.1
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 2826.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: