This recipe has been handed down and I can't remember source it's been too long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter or 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, to taste (chili paste with garlic)
- 1/3-1/2 cup hot water
- 1Cut chicken into chunks if thighs strips if breasts.
- 2Combine with remaining ingredients and leave to marinate in refrigerator anywhere from 1-12 hours.
- 3Satay Sauce- Heat oils in small saucepan, add onion, garlic, ginger and saute over med heat until softened.
- 4Add vinegar, sugar and continue to cook until sugar dissolves.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 6Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- 7Can also be put in a food processor for a completely smooth sauce.
- 8To Serve- Preheat oven to 375.
- 9Thread chicken onto skewers and arrange on baking sheets.
- 10Bake for 5- 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- 11Serve with Satay Sauce.
- 12Substitute Beef, lamb, shrimp, pork or scallops.
- 13If Sauce gets to thick if made in advance thin with hot water.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: