Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has been handed down and I can't remember source it's been too long.
Make and share this Chicken Satay With Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, to taste (chili paste with garlic)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup hot water
- Cut chicken into chunks if thighs strips if breasts.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and leave to marinate in refrigerator anywhere from 1-12 hours.
- Satay Sauce- Heat oils in small saucepan, add onion, garlic, ginger and saute over med heat until softened.
- Add vinegar, sugar and continue to cook until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Can also be put in a food processor for a completely smooth sauce.
- To Serve- Preheat oven to 375.
- Thread chicken onto skewers and arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake for 5- 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Serve with Satay Sauce.
- Substitute Beef, lamb, shrimp, pork or scallops.
- If Sauce gets to thick if made in advance thin with hot water.