This recipe has been handed down and I can't remember source it's been too long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter or 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, to taste (chili paste with garlic)
- 1/3-1/2 cup hot water
- 1Cut chicken into chunks if thighs strips if breasts.
- 2Combine with remaining ingredients and leave to marinate in refrigerator anywhere from 1-12 hours.
- 3Satay Sauce- Heat oils in small saucepan, add onion, garlic, ginger and saute over med heat until softened.
- 4Add vinegar, sugar and continue to cook until sugar dissolves.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 6Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- 7Can also be put in a food processor for a completely smooth sauce.
- 8To Serve- Preheat oven to 375.
- 9Thread chicken onto skewers and arrange on baking sheets.
- 10Bake for 5- 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- 11Serve with Satay Sauce.
- 12Substitute Beef, lamb, shrimp, pork or scallops.
- 13If Sauce gets to thick if made in advance thin with hot water.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: