Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Make and share this Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (500 g)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (25 mL)
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock (25 mL)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (25 mL)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (15 mL)
- 1 tablespoon honey (15 mL)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (10 mL)
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce (10 mL)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (5 mL)
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced (5 mL)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (5 mL)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Spray baking pan with vegetable spray.
- In a small bowl or food processor, combine peanut butter, chicken stock, coriander, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, soya sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.
- Set 3 tablespoons (45 mL) aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
- Thread onto 10 small bamboo or barbecue skewers.
- Place skewers in prepared pan.
- Brush with half of the peanut sauce that has been set aside.
- Bake approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn over and brush with the remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons (20 mL) sauce.
- Bake 5 more minutes or just until chicken is done.
- Serve with remaining peanut sauce.
I think the cooking method wasn't good for us, we'd prefer grilling or tandoori-style for this kind of dish. I liked the peanut sauce, but husband thought it was dry and needed heat.
I made this for a tapas party and people loved it. The chicken came out perfectly and the peanut sauce got raves!
oh my goodness! the best satay chicken ever! i am really fussy about satay chicken. whenever i eat out and order it its never right. this was perfect! i am addicted!