Recipe by Chey's_Mom
This recipe I found online at thai info. It turned out wonderfully. The peanut sauce is to die for! It calls for crunchy peanut butter but I didn't have that on hand so I used some chopped peanuts with the creamy peanut butter and that worked. It says to marinate the chicken for 2 hours but I marinated overnight. I think it made a huge difference. Enjoy
- bamboo skewer
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (2 medium limes)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
for peanut sauce
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you want)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate overnight.
- Prepare chicken by butterflying breasts and cutting into 1/2 inch strips.
- Thread chicken in a serpentine fashion onto bamboo skewers.
- Prepare Marinade by combining first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine peanut butter into marinade mixture.
- Place skewered chicken into a shallow dish like a 9"x13"x2" pan.
- Pour marinade over chicken, allow to marinate overnight.
- Peanut sauce
- this mixture can be made hours ahead of time and refrigerated. bring to room temp before serving.
- Combine first 8 ingredients of peanut sauce together in a saucepan (peanut butter through cayenne pepper).
- Cook over medium heat whisking constantly until sauce is consistency of heavy cream (about 15 min).
- Add Chicken broth, heavy cream and cilantro leaves, whisk to combine.
- Grill the Chicken till done about 8 minute.
- Serve with peanut sauce for dipping.