Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals - really neat idea!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thin cut chicken breasts (cutlets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- grill seasoning (recommended ( Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce (Tamari)
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise then cut into sticks
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups shredded lettuce or 2 cups iceberg lettuce or 2 cups romaine lettuce hearts
- 4 crusty rolls
- Heat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet to medium high to high heat. Coat chicken in oil and grill seasoning and cook 3 minutes on each side in 2 batches. Pile up meat and shred it with a sharp knife.
- Place peanut butter in a medium, microwave safe bowl and soften in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Whisk soy, apple juice, hot sauce and lime juice into peanut butter. Toss chicken with satay sauce. Combine shredded veggies. Place 1/4 of veggies on sandwich bottoms and top with 1/4 satay chicken mixture. Set the bun tops in place and serve or wrap for travel.