Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe was featured on $40 A Day starring Rachel Ray. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons thai hot chili paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 30 wonton wrappers
Chili mint sauce
- 16 ounces Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a hot pan saute ground chicken, garlic, ginger and shallots together until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Drain off the excess fat and mix the chicken together in a bowl with the peanut butter, brown sugar, chili paste, basil and cilantro.
- Chill the mixture, and then wrap in wonton wrappers.
- Bring the edges into a corner or simply fold into triangles, using a dab of water to "glue" the edges.
- In a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil. Steam the pot stickers in the steamer basket for 8 to 10 minutes until the wrappers are translucent, and serve with chili mint dipping sauce (directions on bottom).
- Chili Mint Sauce:.
- Puree ingredients in a food processor for 1 minute. Serve at room temperature.