Recipe by katie in the UP
Found this recipe in EveryDay with Rachael Ray April/2008. Posted for safe keeping :)
Top Review by Auboss
Do yourself a favour and give this one a miss.
There are many much better recipes for this dish.
The cabbage would ruin it, lemon can be an option but don't serve with lime and whole wheat spaghetti is just wrong, use rice noodles.
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, cutlets thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup tamari, plus
- 2 tablespoons tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- lime wedge, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, salt it, add the pasta an cook until al dente, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat the oil over med heat.
- Add the chicken and garlic and cook, stirring until the chicken is opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the peanut butter, tamari, curry paste and tomato paste to the pot and stir.
- Increase the heat to med high and whisk in the chicken broth; add the ginger.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in the cabbage and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the apple juice.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls.
- Ladle the soup over the pasta.
- Top with bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges!