MA HIKER's Note:
A quick meal using rotisserie chicken and my favorite ingredient - peanut butter! June- July 2007 Rachel Ray - untried by me will edit when I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, rotisserie skinned and sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil, salt it and add the pasta cooking until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water, setting aside.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey and 1/4 cup warm water.
- 3Whisk in the tamari, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- 4Pour in the oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine.
- 5Add the reserved noodles and toss to coat.
- 6Place the noodles in 4 shallow bowls and top with the chicken, spinach, carrots, scallions, peanuts and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 840.9
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 1214.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 44.5 g