Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick meal using rotisserie chicken and my favorite ingredient - peanut butter! June- July 2007 Rachel Ray - untried by me will edit when I do!
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, rotisserie skinned and sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, salt it and add the pasta cooking until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water, setting aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey and 1/4 cup warm water.
- Whisk in the tamari, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Pour in the oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine.
- Add the reserved noodles and toss to coat.
- Place the noodles in 4 shallow bowls and top with the chicken, spinach, carrots, scallions, peanuts and cilantro.
We made it as directed and it was delicious! Thanks for posting!
This was okay. My husband liked it more than I did. I guess in the future I would serve it hot; there was something off about it at room temperature. Thanks for posting, though; when I saw it in the magazine, I wanted to try it. Glad I did.