A great brown-bag sandwich that is easy to make and a delight to the taste buds. I package everything seperately. At work I heat the satay in the microwave, then assemble. Sure beats the heck out of boring pb&j.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded (may substitute 5-6 chicken thighs)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 cucumber, peeled,halved lengthwise,seeded and sliced
- 1 cup torn lettuce leaf (romaine)
- 2 large pita pockets, cut in half to make 4 pockets
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add curry powder, stirring constantly for 30-60 seconds or so, just until the curry is fragrant.
- 3Quickly whisk in the coconut milk (so the curry doesn't burn).
- 4Add in peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, cayenne pepper, and 2 to 4 tablespoons water or enough to creat a sauce; whisk to combine.
- 5Simmer for 1-2 minutes, whisking frequently.
- 6Add in shredded chicken; stir to combine.
- 7Remove skillet from heat.
- 8Open pita pockets; add cucumber slices and lettuce leaves.
- 9Add in chicken satay and eat immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay in Pita
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.3
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 909.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 40.5 g