From BBC Good Food, a UK magazine. Sounds simple and delicious!
Make and share this Chicken Satay Appetizers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix soy sauce, chilli paste, garlic, oil and sugar.
- Cut chicken into 36 thin strips and marinate in a bowl with the soy sauce mixture, turning to ensure chicken is coated.
- Thread chicken pieces on to the bamboo skewers, line skewers up on a parchment/foil-lined baking tray and keep covered in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Bake the chicken skewers for 10-15mins in the hottest part of the oven (maybe 4-6" from top heating element).
- When done, remove the tray from oven and squeeze juice of 1 lime over the chicken.
- Serving suggestion: Heat 1 1/2 cup of your favorite satay sauce and place 2 tablespoon of the sauce in each shot glass (you'll need 12); pop 3 skewers in each glass and a slice of lime onto each rim.
- Satay sauce suggestion: recipe #69191 Spicy Peanut Sauce (you'll need about at least 5x the recipe) or any storebought satay sauce.