1/1 Photo of Chicken Satay Appetizers
1 hr 10 mins
From BBC Good Food, a UK magazine. Sounds simple and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix soy sauce, chilli paste, garlic, oil and sugar.
- 2Cut chicken into 36 thin strips and marinate in a bowl with the soy sauce mixture, turning to ensure chicken is coated.
- 3Thread chicken pieces on to the bamboo skewers, line skewers up on a parchment/foil-lined baking tray and keep covered in the fridge until ready to cook.
- 4Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
- 5Bake the chicken skewers for 10-15mins in the hottest part of the oven (maybe 4-6" from top heating element).
- 6When done, remove the tray from oven and squeeze juice of 1 lime over the chicken.
- 7Serving suggestion: Heat 1 1/2 cup of your favorite satay sauce and place 2 tablespoon of the sauce in each shot glass (you'll need 12); pop 3 skewers in each glass and a slice of lime onto each rim.
- 8Satay sauce suggestion: Pan-Fried Tofu with Spicy Peanut Sauce Spicy Peanut Sauce (you'll need about at least 5x the recipe) or any storebought satay sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 277.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: