Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
a nice grilling recipe meal, from budget meals $10.00 and under. Cooking time includes marinading time.
- 1⁄3 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander seed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 serrano chili, stem removed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 36 pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add coconut milk,brown sugar, fresh ginger, and ground turmeric, and serrano chile and process until smooth.
- Spoon this mixture into a large zip-loc bag, add chicken, and seal.
- Marinate for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, and dicard marinade.
- Thread chicken evenly onto 12 (6 inch) skewers, and lightly sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Grill 6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is done.
These packed good flavour, I did not have a serrano chilli so used a small red thai chilli and put than in the mix, if the DM wasn't dining I would have used 1 for real pow factor. I got 4 skewers with 6 pieces on and 3 with 4 pieces on, my 6 thighes once excess fat was removed weighed just over 700grams and I was hoping to have at least one of skewers with 4 pieces on it to have in some pita bread tomorrow for lunch but the 3 of us ate up the lot. Served with Sweet and Spicy Couscous Salad by ratherbeswimmin' and the sweetness and the slight spicyness of couscous well well with the rich spicy peanut satay. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Please Review My Recipe.