Recipe by Tricia Fitch
I got this recipe from Home Cooking April 2007. I made it and it was delectable... I went nuts when i lost the recipe but I found it again last week. So to safeguard it, I'm posting it and sharing with everyone! You need to prepare the marinade overnight (sometimes I even marinate for 2 days). In the ingredients list, items marked with a (M) indicate it's an ingredient for the marinade. Items marked with a (D) indicate it's for the dipping sauce. This goes great with white steamed rice!
Top Review by lashapi
I only needed the marinade, as I had some dipping sauce from a local restaurant that I defrosted. And, I added two cloves of garlic to the marinade. It is delicious. The chicken is marinading now and we will grill it indoors (it's raining outside) on a Forman Grill. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for the great recipe! Exactly what I was looking for.
- 1 -2 lb skinless chicken breast half (cut into 1 inch strips)
- 24 wooden skewers
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (M)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (M)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (M)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, plus additional
- fresh cilantro, for garnish (M)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot (M)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (M)
- 2 teaspoons hot chili paste (M)
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter (D)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (D)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (D)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (D)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (D)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (D)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (D)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (D)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: In food processor with a metal blade, process oil, soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro, gingerroot, brown sugar, and hot chili paste until well mixed.
- Pour marinade into a zip-top plastic bag and add chicken strips. Zip bag and turn it to coat all pieces.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Dipping Sauce: The next day, prepare the dipping sauce by processing the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in food processor with a metal blade.
- Pour into a serving bowl and set aside at room temperature.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line a broiler pan with foil.
- Weave two marinated chicken strips onto each skewer, pushing them together tward the non pointed end.
- Place skewers on prepared broiler pan and broil until cooked through and brown on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- Turn skewers over halfway through cooking time.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- You can also use the a BBQ grill for these!