Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a basic Thai satay recipe that I have modified to my own taste. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 whole skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek chili paste, oleck
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chop the garlic finely and in a large dish, mix with the rest of the spicies and oil.
- Cut the chicken into long strips about a finger thick.
- Thread the chicken strips onto bamboo skewers.
- Place the chicken skewers in the spice mixture and coat all of the chicken.
- Leave to marinate for as long as possible.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat. (not too hot or the sugar will burn).
- Cook the coated chicken until golden. No oil is required for cooking.
I enjoy Satay without the customary peanut sauce and this filled the bill. I cut back on the tumeric & curry and added some Pico de Gallo. Marinated the chicken all day.I served them as the meat for dinner alongside oven roasted sweet potato chips, whole steamed green bean & steamed carrots - Lovely dinner thanks Magic Duck