This is my favorite satay. This will feed 6 as a main dish, 12 to 15 as a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken, beef,pork or 1 1/2 lbs lamb
- 3 (1 inch) strips lemons, zest of
- 3 medium shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or 2 teaspoons tamari
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1Soak wooden skewers.
- 2Thinly slice meat and place in a large freezer bag.
- 3In a processor combine lemon zest, shallots, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, sugar, salt, soy sauce and peanut oil.
- 4Whirl to a paste, add to meat and toss well.
- 5Seal bag and place in fridge.
- 6Marinate at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- 7Return meat to room temp before grilling.
- 8Skewer meat.
- 9Preheat grill to high.
- 10For Peanut sauce in a small heavy sauce pan saute the onion, garlic and pepper flakes for 8 minutes.
- 11Add remaining ingredients, stir to blend well and cook until heated through.
- 12Grill skewers 2 to 3 minutes on each side and serve with peanut sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.8
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 1589.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of