Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 piece gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg (Ajinimoto) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cut the chicken breasts into bitesize cubes.
- Mix with all the other ingredients and marinate for 2 hours.
- Skewer the marinated pieces on wooden sticks and grill.
- If a grill isnot available you can bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and broil for about 3 minutes. Take care that the chicken do not become too dry.
- Serve hot with peanut sauce.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007 I was not pleased with the spice amounts..I think I can adjust it to more my tastes.I followed the recipe exactly but I think like Bergy, I will cut the tumeric in half and maybe a little less on cumin and coriander.
Great flavor. I cut back a bit on the tumeric. Broiled them in the oven They went over well Thanks Tezi for posting this keeper recipe