Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't know where I got this one- but doesn't make it any less tastey! I think I got it from the Chef at ex BIL Italian resturant but anyway nice way to have a pasta dinner with some crusty bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small celery rib, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- flour (for dredging)
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch chopped fresh oregano, per breast
- salt and pepper
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked drained and kept warm (see NOTE)
- 12 medium whole button mushrooms sauteed in butter
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- to make sauce melt 1/2 stick butter in large heavy bottom saucepan.
- add vegetables and cook over low heat until very tender, about 10 minutes. gradually add flour and mix until smooth to make roux. cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. do not brown.
- add stock gradually, incorporating with whisk and bring to simmer. si.
- immer 10 minutes, whisking until sauce is smooth and thick enough to coat back of spoon.
- bring to boil, then add milk and cream, mixture may become thin if it does reduce again until mixture coats spoon.
- adjust seasoning as needed.
- heat clarified butter in large saute pan, dip chicken in flour then in eggs to coat well.
- saute breasts in butter over medium high heat until cooked through on one side.
- when done, turn and immediately add wine and garlic.
- being careful mixture does not flare up.
- cook until meat is no longer pink inside and liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- when meat is cooked season with oregano, salt and pepper remove from heat.
- discard butter the meat was cooked inches
- sprinkle chicken with parmesan.
- **NOTE**strain pasta but do not drain under water. to prepare put in large bowl and top with melted butter to taste, add salt and pepper and garlic powder toss to coat.
- divide pasta between six dishes put 1 chicken breast top each pasta, top with 4 ounces sauce then add 3-4 button mushrooms and parsley serve extra sauce on the side.