Recipe by internetnut
Healthier pizza any way you slice it. 20 grams of protein, 1 gram saturated fat, and 5 total fat, per every slice. I found this recipe in Ladies Home Journal magazine. I really enjoyed this pizza. My future hubby suggested I use fresh chicken breasts instead of the canned chicken. When I made the pizza I used a 12oz can of chicken. I used more cheese then recommened. I also used a regular onion. I used salsa when I made this pizza but I think I'll try taco sauce next time. When I made this pizza I put it in a cookie sheet as I do not have a pizza pan. I did have a little trouble with my dough rising but once I set my cookie sheet on the warmed oven my dough rose so nice. Note: I also have trouble spreading my dough so nI did my hands in water.
- 9 rhodes dinner rolls (directions on bag) or 6 texas rolls, microwave thawed (directions on bag)
- 10 ounces valley fresh premium white chicken meat, drained
- 3⁄4 cup salsa or 3⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 3 ounces shredded fat free mozzarella cheese or 3 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 3 ounces shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- black beans, diced green chilies, green bell pepper, tomato, red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Press Rhodes rolls together into a ball, then roll into a 13" circle. Place on 12" pizza pan or a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread salsa on crust. Blend cheeses and sprinkle evenly. Add Valley Fresh chicken and other toppings.
- Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.