Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe actually called for corned beef, but since we don't eat much beef, I am going to try this with chicken or turkey or even fish fillets.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated finely
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or 4 slices you can use a crusty rolls
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the carrots, mixing well.
- Sandwich the chicken (or corned beef, or fish) slaw and lettuce between the slices of bread or rolls.
Made these sandwiches with chicken and whole wheat bread. We loved loved loved the carrot-ginger slaw!! This made for a delicious lunch!! Thanks Geema