Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 peaches, peeled,pitted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 whole whole wheat rolls
- Heat the oil in large non-stick skillet over low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sugar, stirring until it dissolves and begins bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Add peaches and adjust heat to medium.
- Cook an additional 4 minutes or until mixture turns golden brown.
- Add vinegar and sherry, then simmer, stirring until thickened approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blend in pepper and set aside.
- Broil chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Toast rolls, if desired, and split.
- Prepare chicken sandwich with peach relish as a spread.