1/1 Photo of Chicken Sandwich With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Never underestimate the humble sandwich. Surprise somebody!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (or adjust to taste) or 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (or adjust to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 hamburger buns or 8 kaiser rolls, toasted is best
- 1Wash and pat dry the chicken. Place each breast between two sheets of clear plastic wrap and pound until about 1/8” thick. They should flatten out to the point where you can cut each in half when cooked to make two sandwiches. Place on plate and season with 1 tablespoons of the Creole/Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- 2Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 2 of the 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the onions, peppers and the remaining tablespoon of seasoning mix and sauté until onions are caramelized. Remove vegetable mixture and set aside. Add remaining butter to the skillet and sauté the chicken breast until cooked through, turning once. This may need to be done in batches.
- 3To make chipotle mayonnaise, mix all mayonnaise ingredients together.
- 4To assemble, spread chipotle mayonnaise mixture on both inner sides of the toasted buns then layer within the cooked chicken, sautéed onions and red bell peppers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sandwich With Chipotle Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 604.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 18.3 g