Recipe by Dienia B.
Very old sandwich made with minced chicken and white sauce, and fried in butter. Has chill time in the refrigerator. I used Bacon Mornay Sauce as the white sauce and it worked great. I think that sliced tomato in this would be nice, and turkey after it has been in the refrigerator for a while. This recipe would perk it up.
- 2 cups chicken, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white sauce
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 8 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken, white sauce, and egg yolk together. (Make sure meat is chopped fine).
- Trim crusts from bread. (I wasn't this fancy.).
- Spread filling 1/4 inch thick on 4 slices bread. (I had left over filling but egg mixture was spot on for 4 sandwiches).
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Press lightly together.
- Wrap in wax paper.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to fry. (I just used cold chicken and warm sauce and fried it up.).
- Dip sandwiches in egg and milk batter.
- Fry in butter until browned on both sides; fry slowly so the filling warms up.
- Slice in half on diagonal.