Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Thought this sandwich sounded wonderful with a side of chips or tomato slices. Prep time does not include time for poaching chicken or overnight soaking of chilies. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1986)
- Soak chilies in hot water to cover overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Drain chilies, stem and seed. Transfer chilies to processor or blender along with onion, garlic and vinegar. Process (or blend) until smooth.
- With machine running, add oil through food tube. Season with salt and lime juice. (May be prepared 2 weeks ahead, covered and refrigerated).
- Blend ancho paste with mayonnaise to coat chicken (amount depends on how wet you like your chicken salad).
- Cut rolls in half, hollowing out each half.
- Toast rolls until crisp and butter well.
- Top rolls with chicken salad and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Very good Ellie, my DS enjoyed this, I just used chiles from a jar and reduced the oil a little, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)