Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I found this wonderful recipe on another website by someone named Gina. Mashed potatoes and a green vegetable would round this meal out nicely.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Butterfly each breast and place in a large glass pan.
- Combine sour cream, worcestershire sauce, cayenne, paprika, salt, pepper, marjoram, thyme and soy sauce and pour over chicken, making sure each piece is coated.
- Marinate overnight.
- Next day remove chicken from marinade, and shake off any excess.
- Place a pat of butter in the middle of each chicken breast and roll up.
- Roll in bread crumbs and fit snugly in an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
All I can say is OH MY this was WONDERFUL!!! I would rate this more stars if I could! My husband and I felt as though we were dining in a fine restaurant. I will keep this recipe with my 'good enough for company' list of recipes! Thanks for sharing! ;)
I made the recipe as stated.. They looked beautiful when they came out of the oven. Mom and dad loved them but my sister and I thought they had an artificial taste to them. I have no idea why.
This was delicious! I made garlic mashed potatoes and also a sauce - 1 C chicken broth, 1 teasp. cream cheese, seasoning salt, 1/4 teasp. lemon juice, a little milk, flour, and one piece of processed swiss cheese. Made a great accompaniment to the chicken and mashed potatoes. Very easy and so gourmet!!