Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really good dish from Ladies Home Journal. I've also made this with prosciutto when I wasn't able to find pancetta.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons marsala wine or 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce, prepared
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1⁄2 lb cheese tortellini, cooked
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; coat in flour. Melt butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side, until golden; set aside.
- Add pancetta and onion to same skillet; cook, stirring frequently until onion is golden and pancetta is crisp, 3 minutes. Add spinach and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes , until spinach is wilted. Add Marsala and bring to a boil. Stir in cream, marinara sauce and artichokes. Reduce heat and simmer 7 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover with sauce and vegetables and cook 2 minutes more, until heated through. Stir in tortellini. Divide chicken, sauce and pasta among 4 serving plates.