Recipe by CIndytc
Got this out of Cuisine At Home Magazine...Putting this on RecipeZaar for my girlfriend Rebecca, who cannot find her magazine. I served this for dinner one night and had them over and she has been looking for the recipe ever since... Great recipe for company...
Top Review by Lady Mayor
Pretty darn good. The only changes I made were using pancetta instead of proscuitto and added a few red pepper flakes. Also I cut the chicken into one incc strips before I sauteed them for easier plating. Plenty of layored and saturated flavors. I'd make it again.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6-8oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, halved (quartered if large)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- spinach pappardelle pasta
- 8 ounces dry pappardelle noodles (or any wide egg noodles)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken as thin as possible. Sauté 2 pieces of chicken in oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until browned, 3-5 minutes. Turn and cook 2 more minutes, then transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Sauté remaining chicken in the same manner.
- Cook mushrooms in the sauté pan over high heat, 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Add additional oil as needed to prevent burning.
- Deglaze with marsala, scraping up any browned bits, then add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in prosciutto, sage, and butter until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spinach Pappardelle instructions:.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil for the pappardelle (fettuccine or tagliatelle works good too).
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place spinach, parmesan, and butter in a large bowl. Drain pasta, add to bowl, and toss to coat and wilt spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chicken and sauce on top.