From Bon Appetit, March 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 large fresh sage leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto (about 3 ounces, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on work surface.
- 2Using mallet, pound chicken to 1/3-inch thickness.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Place 2 sage leaves atop each chicken breast half.
- 5Top each chicken breast with 2 prosciutto slices, pressing to adhere.
- 6Spread 1/2 cup flour on plate.
- 7Turn chicken in flour to lightly coat both sides.
- 8Melt butter with oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add chicken, prosciutto side down; cook 4 minutes.
- 10Turn chicken over and cook just until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 11Transfer to platter and cover to keep warm; reserve skillet.
- 12Whisk wine with remaining 2 teaspoons flour in small bowl.
- 13Add broth and lemon juice to same skillet; bring to boil.
- 14Add wine mixture; whisk until sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds.
- 15Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 16Spoon sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Saltimbocca With Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 172.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves