Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Good Housekeeping, May, 2005. This was under the "Quick Chicken" segment. The recipe states 15 min. prep time and 20 min. cooking time.
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, about 4 slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- From lemon, grate 1 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1 tablespoons juice. In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, combine broth, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, sage, salt, and lemon peel and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken just loses its pink color throughout. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl.
- In same skillet, cook asparagus 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender crisp, stirring frequently.
- Transfer asparagus to bowl with chicken.
- Stir broth mixture and add to skillet; heat to boiling, stirring. Boil 1 minute.
- Return chicken and asparagus to skillet; add prosciutto and heat through.
Very tasty, we thought. I did do a few swaps, based on what I did (and didn't) have: I used lemon juce from a bottle, used ground sage, frozen asparagus cuts (steamed in microwave, then added at the end), and 2 slices of deli ham, chopped. I served it over brown rice, and we didn't need a side dish. This was quick and easy to make after work. I included an action shot of the sauce reducing (you can even see all the tiny bubbles) haha. Thanks for posting this!