1/2 Photos of Chicken Saltimbocca Saute
From Good Housekeeping, May, 2005. This was under the "Quick Chicken" segment. The recipe states 15 min. prep time and 20 min. cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, about 4 slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1From lemon, grate 1 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1 tablespoons juice. In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, combine broth, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- 2In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken, sage, salt, and lemon peel and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken just loses its pink color throughout. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl.
- 4In same skillet, cook asparagus 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender crisp, stirring frequently.
- 5Transfer asparagus to bowl with chicken.
- 6Stir broth mixture and add to skillet; heat to boiling, stirring. Boil 1 minute.
- 7Return chicken and asparagus to skillet; add prosciutto and heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Saltimbocca Saute
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 471.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves