This wonderful recipe produces tender chicken cutlets wrapped with thin slices of Prosciutto di Parma topped with fresh sage leaves in a white wine reduction sauce. It's pretty easy to prepare and produces wonderful results.
- Place chicken cutlet on a cutting board and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Gently evenly pound the cutlet to 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Season both sides of the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 sage leaves on each cutlet and top with prosciutto.
- Cover the cutlets with a sheet of plastic wrap and use the meat mallet to lightly pound each cutlet to adhere the sage and prosciutto to the chicken.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add butter and oil and heat through.
- Place the chicken cutlets in the pan prosciutto-side down and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the cutlets over and cook until done, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer the cutlets to a platter and tent with aluminum foil.
- Return the pan back to the heat and add the wine, scraping up any browned bits for them bottom.
- Cook until the wine has reduced by half. Add the cutlets back to the pan to warm through and coat well with the sauce, serve immediately.