1/2 Photos of Chicken Saltimbocca Alla Romana
Cookin' in NJ's Note:
This wonderful recipe produces tender chicken cutlets wrapped with thin slices of Prosciutto di Parma topped with fresh sage leaves in a white wine reduction sauce. It's pretty easy to prepare and produces wonderful results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken cutlet on a cutting board and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Gently evenly pound the cutlet to 1/4 of an inch thick.
- 2Season both sides of the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- 3Place 2 sage leaves on each cutlet and top with prosciutto.
- 4Cover the cutlets with a sheet of plastic wrap and use the meat mallet to lightly pound each cutlet to adhere the sage and prosciutto to the chicken.
- 5Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 6Add butter and oil and heat through.
- 7Place the chicken cutlets in the pan prosciutto-side down and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- 8Turn the cutlets over and cook until done, about 1 minute more.
- 9Transfer the cutlets to a platter and tent with aluminum foil.
- 10Return the pan back to the heat and add the wine, scraping up any browned bits for them bottom.
- 11Cook until the wine has reduced by half. Add the cutlets back to the pan to warm through and coat well with the sauce, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Saltimbocca Alla Romana
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken cutlets
fresh sage leaves
prosciutto di Parma