Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A authentic Italian recipe that is a mix of my own and that of a recipe I saw on Everyday Italian
- 6 -8 thinly pounded chicken breasts, about
- salt and pepper
- 6 -8 slices prosciutto
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for spinach)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for pan)
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- put spinach in a bowl and season with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, set aside
- season chicken with salt and pepper
- lay chicken flat and top each piece of chicken with one slice of prosciutto
- top each chicken with a thin layer of spinach
- sprinkle each chicken with parmesan cheese
- roll each chicken and pin with two toothpicks, roll them as tight as you can.
- heat olive oil in pan and place chicken in pan cook for about three minutes per side
- add chicken broth squeeze a little bit of the lemon into pan
- turn heat to medium low and simmer for ten minutes
- remove chicken from pan turn heat to low until sauce thickens up just a little bit,
- pour over chicken and serve.
This was great. Very easy, I also saw this on Everyday Itailan. Looks great sliced with the sauce drizzled over. I did add a bit of cornstarch to thicken up the sauce.
It was VERY salty. I used bullion cubes to make the broth. Next time I think I will not salt the spinach and use canned salt-free broth. My husband really liked it and it made for a good summer meal.