Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This easy weeknight dish comes from Cuisine at Home.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 8 oz each
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved (quartered if large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Pound each piece to 1/4" thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Saute in oil over medium heat until golden brown - 4-5 minutes (may need to do this in batches - do not crowd them). Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms in the same pan over high heat until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add more oil if needed. Deglaze the pan with marsala, scraping up the browned bits. Add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half - about 5 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in prosciutto, sage, and butter until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, spoon sauce over warm chicken breasts.