Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Jump-in-your-mouth delish! A savory comfort food. Pair it up with Simple Spinach Pappardelle and you can't go wrong!
- 2 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place chicken pieces, one at a time between plastic wrap; pound to 1/4 inch thick.
- Season chicken on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in oil over med-high heat until browned, 3-5 minutes. Turn and cook another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate; keep warm under foil.
- Cook mushrooms, shallots and cloves in the same pan over high heat, about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. You may need to add a little more oil.
- Deglaze with Marsala, scraping all browned bits. Add broth and bring to boil. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, approx 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in sage, and butter. Top with prosciutto. When butter and prosciutto is melted, it's done.
- Taste and season more if needed.
- Pour over chicken.