Recipe by joannarose
From Glamour's "How to do anything better guide", Feb. 2005. I make this without the prosciutto.
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 chicken cutlets, pounded flat
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze spinach to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, toss with 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on cutlets, layer on one slice of prosciutto, spinach, then parmesan.
- Roll each cutlet and secure with a toothpick.
- In a skillet heat remaining olive oil on high flame.
- Cook chicken rolls 2 minutes per side until golden.
- Add broth and lemon juice, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer 4 minutes until just cooked.
- Remove chicken.
- On a high flame, cook down broth mixture to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over chicken.