Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a savory and simple Italian dish that is easy on the taste buds and oh so enjoyable!
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 2 slices prosciutto (paper-thin)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Squeeze spinach to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, toss with 2 tsp oil; set aside.
- Layer on flatted chicken 1 slice prosciutto, spinach, then Parmesan.
- Roll each cutlet and secure with a toothpick (or 2).
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on high flame.
- Cook chicken rolls 2 minute per side until golden.
- Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 4 minute until just cooked.
- Remove chicken.
- On a high flame, cook down broth mixture to approximately 1/4 cup (5 min.) Drizzle sauce over the chicken.
Easy, tasty and gourmet looking. My coworkers didn't believe that I had made it. I had boring work meals and don't want to buy my meals all the time either. I added a splash of white wine when reducing the cooking liquid.MMMMM