Recipe by Hungry Chefs
This a savory and simple Italian dish that is easy on the taste buds and oh so enjoyable!
Top Review by karen in tbay
Easy, tasty and gourmet looking. My coworkers didn't believe that I had made it. I had boring work meals and don't want to buy my meals all the time either. I added a splash of white wine when reducing the cooking liquid.MMMMM
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 2 slices prosciutto (paper-thin)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze spinach to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, toss with 2 tsp oil; set aside.
- Layer on flatted chicken 1 slice prosciutto, spinach, then Parmesan.
- Roll each cutlet and secure with a toothpick (or 2).
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on high flame.
- Cook chicken rolls 2 minute per side until golden.
- Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 4 minute until just cooked.
- Remove chicken.
- On a high flame, cook down broth mixture to approximately 1/4 cup (5 min.) Drizzle sauce over the chicken.