Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
Recipe is from Martha White.
Make and share this Chicken Salsa Cornbread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) packagemartha white Mexican cornbread mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons crisco pure vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- HEAT oven to 450°F Coat 8-inch cast iron skillet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- COMBINE cornbread mix, milk, oil and egg in small bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into hot skillet.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 25 minutes or until completely cooled.
- CUT cornbread into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine cornbread cubes and all remaining salad ingredients in large serving bowl.
- COMBINE sour cream and salsa in small bowl. Mix well. Spoon dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.