Recipe is from Martha White.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package martha white Mexican cornbread mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons crisco pure vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, blend
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1HEAT oven to 450°F Coat 8-inch cast iron skillet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- 2COMBINE cornbread mix, milk, oil and egg in small bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into hot skillet.
- 3BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 25 minutes or until completely cooled.
- 4CUT cornbread into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine cornbread cubes and all remaining salad ingredients in large serving bowl.
- 5COMBINE sour cream and salsa in small bowl. Mix well. Spoon dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salsa Cornbread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.6
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.0 mg
- Sodium 932.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican cornbread mix