Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Needed to whip up dinner with stuff I had in the house. Came up with this spanish style chicken and rice bake. Its very tasty and so comforfting, with minimal effort!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) package Spanish rice mix (i use lipton or knorr)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cups frozen sliced bell peppers
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded cheese blend
- cook rice according to package.
- preheat oven to 325.
- in a large skillet saute chicken in oil about 10 minutes. season with chili powder and cajun seasoning.
- add peppers and onion, saute about 5-7 minutes until veggeies get tender.
- add salsa and bring to boil. once boiling add corn, lower heat and simmer anouther 7 minutes.
- remove from heat and combine with rice.
- pour into casserole dish and top with cheese.
- bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly.