Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom got this recipe from someone she worked with. This makes a great appetizer. It's fast and easy and terrific for parties or pot luck dinners.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa (I use Pace Lime & Garlic)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips
- Boil the chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked, then shred or dice into small pieces.
- In a large pot, mix shredded chicken, salsa, black olives and cheese.
- Simmer on medium-low heat until steamy hot.
- This will be a thick mixture.
- Be sure to stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
This was a hit at my daughter's 1 year birthday party..she even loved it! It's such a simple and quick recipe. We served it with taco shells, both soft and hard. Thanks for posting.
I looked at lots of chicken salsa recipes before deciding on this one. I changed a few things. I used a 15 oz jar of medium Pace's picante sauce and chicken tenders. I browned the chicken before adding the salsa, cheese and olives. I added 1 cup of uncooked rice and 1/2 cup water and let everything simmer for about 35 min. It tasted great like that but the sauce was creamier and smoother when I added the sour cream. Great one pan meal. I'll be making this again.
delicious! Great with refried beans and mexican rice. Reduced cook time about 5 minutes.thankyou...