Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the Mexican version of Chicken Salad. If you are a Tex Mex enthusiast, you'll be sure to enjoy this recipe. It makes a great presentation served in a Tortilla bowl lined with lettuce, but can also be used as a dip. Enjoy a taste of Mexico without leaving your kitchen!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (boiled, I prefer the preflavored uncooked mesquite flavored chicken breasts)
- 3 -6 jalapenos (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 avocados (chopped into bite size pieces)
- After boiling chicken allow to cool and cut into strips or bite size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- I like to serve the salpicon in a tortilla bowl, lined with lettuce.
- This also makes a great salsa for eating on tortilla chips.
Really delicious. I added half a chopped mango which gave it a really nice sweetness :)
loved it, we all loved it, will keep in my recipe book forever. did not add jalapenos because I do not like jalapenos. will disappear in minutes.I also used regular chicken breasts boiled with onion and celery, drain chicken and use