Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Low carb and calorie version of a traditional Chicken Salad Sandwich.
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, poached, cooled and chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- white pepper or black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) containers fat free Greek yogurt, such as Fage 0%
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and diced small, about 1 cup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced small
- 5 -6 lettuce leaves
- 5 -6 low-carb flour tortillas, such as La Tortilla Factory
- Place chicken breasts in a pot with a little bit of salt.
- Poach the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees, about 25 minutes. While it's cooking, prepare the vegetables.
- Place the chicken on a plate to cool until ready to chop. You may also complete this step earlier and refrigerate the chicken until time to prep.
- In a small bowl empty out the Greek yogurt and add to it the garlic, ginger, cilantro, dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, to your taste. Mix well with a whisk to let the flavors meld.
- In a large bowl add all the vegetables. If the chicken is cool enough to touch, chop it up and add it to the vegetables. Toss gently to mix.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the large bowl and fold it in to the chicken/veg. mix.
- Let it chill, lightly covered, in the refrigerator or you can put your wraps together right away.
- Place a lettuce leaf on top of the tortilla and fill it with 3/4 cup of the salad. Fold the bottom over, then the sides.
- If you want to cut out more carbohydrates, do not use the tortilla, but 2 lettuce leaves instead.