Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Chicken salad is often dry and requires tons of mayo to make it edible. With this recipe, you use the un-boiled chicken (Un-Boiled Chicken) cooking technique and it comes out moist every time. You can cook extra chicken and have it on hand to use in other recipes.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup Miracle Whip light or 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 whole wheat sandwich wraps
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil.
- Put the raw chicken breast into the water.
- As soon as it stops boiling, take out the chicken.
- Return the water to boil then put the chicken back in and cover tightly.
- Remove from the burner and leave untouched for one hour.
- Remove chicken from the water and allow cooling enough to handle.
- Dice chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add the Miracle Whip, mustard, red pepper, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Line whole wheat wrap with romaine lettuce leaves.
- Fill with chicken mixture and roll up.