Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a big favorite in my family; it's easy to make, easy to alter, and tasty.
- 10 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup cucumber
- Lightly spritz both sides of wonton strips with nonstick cooking spray; place on baking sheet. Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn strips over, repeat. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Cook chicken. Grilling and baking both work fine.
- For dressing, whisk vinegar, oils, sugar, salt and pepper together; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine salad ingredients, chicken. Just before serving drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Top with wonton strips.
Yummy!! I too love the idea of baking the wonton strips instead of frying them. I love them!! Thanks for posting this recipe!!
Good recipe.I liked the idea of baking the wonton strips,I had always fried them.