Recipe by carolinafan
This chicken salad is loaded with ingredients that I love and go so well together. Cooking time does not include time to cook the rice.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked wild rice (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add chicken, cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Spray 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken in dish. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken; cool and cut into 1/4-inch strips.
- Combine chicken, rice, green onions, grapes and pecans in large bowl. Toss well and set aside.
- Combine the orange peel and remaining 4 ingredients in small bowl; stir well.
- Pour over salad; toss well.
- Serve salad at room temperature, on lettuce-lined plates, if desired.